Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sad days

Although I am technically done with my internship in terms of hours, I am going to keep working up until I leave to go back home. Even with two additional weeks that I am staying, it is still very bittersweet. I have really enjoyed my time at MCPL, both last semester while working the main reference desk, and here in the Indiana Room. MCPL is populated with an amazing and supportive staff, and I have made some great friends there. Of course I will miss some more than others, but I just hope that whatever my future job is that I will be lucky enough to be surrounded with such great people.

Of course, it doesn't hurt that a few of the other librarians have made clear that they think I do a good job (I do believe one has referred to me as one of her favorite interns ever! I do have to share that distinction with Mary Roebuck though, but I guess I'm okay with that (: ).

My task for the upcoming weeks is basically to do whatever Christine needs me to do. I'll be rechecking all of the profiles that the History Center is sending over to MCPL for the timeline to fill in any holes and double check information (we learned that not all of the profiles are what anyone could call "professional" or even "good"). I'll also be working the desk pretty often so Christine can do some off-desk stuff. We are right in the thick of things for this project and it snuck up on everyone! Even with the craziness, I'll be extremely sad to see it end.

No comments:

Post a Comment