Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Is it just me, or is it weird when a patron calls asking for another library's phone number...

As the title of this post may suggest, a patron called the Indiana Room today wanting to know the phone number of the phone number of another county's library. She then called again a few minutes later asking for yet another library's phone number. Should I be insulted?

I was desperate to ask why she wanted the phone numbers and why we could not help her here. Are we not good enough? Our library is far and away better than these other libraries. My precious librarian's heart was crushed (well, not really - I was just curious). I did not end up asking such an impertinent question and have instead chosen to come up with my own outlandish reasons why she needed those phone numbers. I'll leave it to you, dear reader, to come up with your own stories.

P.S. - the phone actually rang about 6 times during my shift! I think that's a record.

No comments:

Post a Comment